Mayor’s List of Recyclables and Compostables
The Mayor’s List of Recyclables and Compostables is a requirement of the Sustainable Solid Waste Management Amendment Act of 2014. The purpose is to provide a single comprehensive list of recyclable and compostable materials for DC residents and businesses.
Education and outreach tools to support implementation of the list will be available in the coming months. Information on how to access them will be posted here.
Effective Date and Relationship to Existing Requirements
January 1st, 2018 is the effective date for the Mayor’s List of Recyclables and Compostables. Existing requirements regarding materials required to be recycled will remain in effect until then.
For More Information
Please email [email protected] with questions or comments.
- Foodservice Packaging Institute Resources
- 2015-16 Centralized Study on Availability of Plastic Recycling
- Foodservice Packaging Recovery Case Study – Seattle, Washington
- Food Residue in Foodservice Packaging Recycling: Overview of FPI Food Residue Studies
- Creating a Consistent Message for a Stronger Recycling System: Recycling Partnership Survey Slides