All solid waste collectors who operate in the District of Columbia are required to register and report annually with the Office of Waste Diversion in the Department of Public Works in accordance with DC Official Code § 8-1031.05 and DC Official Code § 8-1031.06
Registration will be available here once the associated regulations have been adopted. The proposed rulemaking is currently in public comment and can be found here. If you would like to be notified electronically when registration is open, please send an email to [email protected]. More information is available in the Registration Guide, attached below.
Beginning January 1, 2017, solid waste collectors should begin to track solid data for the purpose of reporting to the Office of Waste Diversion. The first solid waste report will require data for the entirety of calendar year 2017 and will be due February 1, 2018.
Annual reporting will include:
- Location, name, and facility type of each delivery facility used to dispose of any solid waste collected in the District
- Type of material delivered
- Tonnage of the material delivered
Solid waste data will be submitted once per calendar year but the annual reporting form will require that solid waste data is broken out into quarters.
Detailed reporting guidelines will be released before the completion of calendar year 2017.
January 1, 2017
- Begin data collection of solid waste tonnage, type, and delivery location
- The proposed rulemaking is open for public comment and can be found here.
- Solid waste collector registration will be available when the final rulemaking is adopted
February 1, 2018
- First annual reporting deadline of data representing solid waste collected from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017
- Annual registration deadline
Please email [email protected] with questions or to receive updates about solid waste collector reporting and registration requirements.