The DC Department of Public Works (DPW) will collect holiday trees and greenery January 11 through February 5 from DPW-serviced households, which includes single-family homes and apartment dwellings with three or fewer units.
Here is what you need to know about this year’s holiday tree and greenery collection:
- Trees and greenery collected during this time will be composted in support of Mayor Bowser’s Zero Waste initiative.
- Holiday trees and greenery will be collected from the normal point of collection on trash days.
- For missed collections, residents can call 311 and make a “Christmas Tree Removal - Seasonal” service request or December 28, 2020 – February 5, 2021,
- All residents can also drop-off holiday trees and greenery at the following four locations:
Monday through Saturday, 8 AM – 4 PM:
- Benning Road Transfer Station (3200 Benning Road NE)
- Fort Totten Transfer Station (4900 John F. McCormack Drive NE)
- Bryant Street Sweep Shop (201 Bryant Street NW)
- South Capitol Street Graffiti Shop (2700 South Capitol Street SE)
Click here to check your neighborhood’s trash schedule.