Use our Slide Guide to find out how holidays affect your collection schedule.
To make it easier for residents of single-family homes and small residential buildings with up to three living units to recycle, DPW offers “single stream” recycling, allowing all recycled items to be placed in one container. Apartment buildings with four or more units, mixed-use residential/commercial buildings and commercial properties are required to provide their own recycling collection services.
Your Recycling Day
Check here for schedule of recycling pickup in your neighborhood.
Acceptable Items for Recycle
- Aerosol cans
- Aluminum foil and aluminum pie pans
- Aluminum food and beverage containers
- Books (including paperbacks, textbooks and hardbacks)
- Brown paper bags (Kraft)
- Cardboard and paperboard boxes (including cereal boxes without liners). Cardboard boxes must be collapsed for collection.
- Computer printouts
- Corrugated cardboard boxes
- Ferrous and bimetal food and beverage containers
- Glass containers such as jars and bottles
- Junk mail
- Magazines and catalogs
- Milk and juice cartons
- Narrow-neck plastic containers (other than for motor oil) that carry plastic resin identification codes 1 through 7
- Newspapers (including all inserts)
- Non-metallic wrapping paper
- Office paper (including typing, fax, copy, letterhead, and NCR) and envelopes
- Plastic bags, e.g., grocery bags, newspaper bags, and shopping bags. Please put your plastic bags into one plastic bag then place it in your recycling container. We will accept more than one bag of plastic bags.
- Rigid plastics including plastic milk/soda crates, plastic buckets with metal handles, plastic laundry baskets, plastic lawn furniture, plastic totes, plastic drums, plastic coolers, plastic flower pots, plastic drinking cups/glasses, plastic 5-gallon water bottles, plastic pallets, plastic toys, and empty plastic garbage/recycling bins
- Telephone books
- Wide-mouth containers such as peanut butter, margarine/butter tubs, yogurt, cottage, cheese, yogurt, sour cream, mayonnaise, whipped topping, and prescription (remove the identification label) and over-the-counter medicine bottles. (note that the lids and caps do not need to be removed.) Please do not include Styrofoam meat trays, lunch “clamshells” or foam packaging, such as “peanuts.”
Unacceptable Items for Recycle
- "Clamshell" packaging used for food
- Peanuts (foam packaging)
- Pizza boxes