The DC Department of Public Works (DPW) will observe Veteran’s Day, Monday, November 11; therefore, sanitation services and most parking enforcement will be suspended and will resume on Tuesday, November 12.
- Trash and recycling collections in once-a-week collection neighborhoods will “slide” to the next day for the remainder of the week.
- In twice-a-week collection neighborhoods, Monday’s and Thursday’s collections will slide to Tuesday and Friday. Tuesday’s and Friday’s collections will slide to Wednesday and Saturday.
- Leaf collection will be NOT be affected by the holiday. If your collection day is November 11, please rake your leaves out to the tree box space (or at the curb) the day before.
- The will be closed Monday, November 11 and reopen Tuesday, November 12 to residents between 1 pm and 5 pm. The Benning Road Transfer Station—which services commercial haulers only—also will be closed on the holiday and will reopen (for haulers) Tuesday, 4am to 4pm.
- “Blocked” Streetcar Parking Enforcement is daily, including weekends and holidays, along H Street and Benning Road, NE, between 3rd Street and Oklahoma Avenue, NE. The hours of enforcement are concurrent with the streetcar schedule. Normal enforcement citywide of other parking violations resumes November 12.
DPW provides essential city services in two distinct program areas: environmental services/solid waste management and parking enforcement. Both contribute to making District streets and public spaces clean, safe, attractive and accessible for residents, businesses, commuters and visitors.