What/Who: The Department of Public Works (DPW), District Department of Transportation (DDOT), Department of General Services (DGS), Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency (HSEMA) and Serve DC will simulate an actual snow event to test the equipment, routes and snow-plow operators of the 800+ member District Snow Team.
WHEN: Friday, October 28, 2022
WHERE: Farragut Salt Dome
414 Farragut Street, NE
· Equipment and crew staging - 7:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
· Remarks from DPW Interim Director Michael Carter 9:00 a.m.to 9:10 a.m.
· Remarks from Serve DC Director Alexis Squire – 9:10 a.m. – 9:12 a.m.
· Q&A with DPW Interim Director Michael Carter, DDOT Director Everett Lott, DGS Deputy Director Donny Gonzales, Chief Service Officer, Office of Volunteerism and Partnerships Alexis Squire - 9:12 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
· Line up and roll out of snowplows 9:30 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
BACKGROUND: This media event will highlight the Snow Team’s readiness for a snow event and will showcase our biodiesel vehicles and our environmentally friendly brine mix.